2010. BETHANIE MANAGEMENT CONSULTING CC
PROFILE OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Our Chief Executive Officer, Virgil Bethanie, (pictured) has an Honours BCompt degree and is an associate of the SA Institute of Chartered Accountants. He has completed his articles/accountancy training with PriceWaterhouseCoopers, one of the BIG 4 accounting firms, in 1994. After leaving the audit profession, he worked for various companies as accountant, financial manager, chief financial officer and management consultant, respectively, over a period of 16 years, in industries such as freight, logistics and transport, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), manufacturing, property, financial services and public sector.
He has strong skills, experience and training in the following areas: financial and risk management; financial reporting; reviews of annual financial statements; auditing; financial due diligence; valuations of businesses, unlisted equities and financial instruments; business rescue, restructuring, turnaround and workouts; raising of financing; compilation of business plans; strategy development and implementation; business processes and systems development and implementation; SME support and development.
He also has experience in implementing and working on the following ERP and accounting systems:
In 2004 Virgil was on the commercial team that was part of the transaction advisory consortium to advise the Department of Minerals and Energy on the Independent Power Purchase Project (NewGen Project).
Virgil was a judge in 2006 in the business plan competition hosted by Enablis, First National Bank and Microsoft. He was responsible for evaluating entrants' business plans to determine whether the proposed businesses are viable and will attract investors and financiers.
His major achievements at the various organizations he worked for and rendered services to are as follows:
· Developed and implemented new systems of internal control, budgeting and forecasting systems, new financial processes and supply chain management systems,
· Developed and/or implemented new management information systems that enabled management teams to manage and control the core activities of the organizations, revenues, expenses, cash flows and performances and financial position,
· Turnaround and developed world class finance departments,
· Developed risk management structures and systems to manage and control identified risks,
· Developed financial strategies to support developed business strategies,
· Proactively supported senior management teams by providing value adding financial input in all major business decisions,
· Developed and implemented a competitive business strategy,
· Developed and implemented performance management frameworks, structures, policies and processes,
· Restructured and turnaround distressed businesses,
· Raised funding for new projects, performed valuations of businesses, conducted financial due diligence investigations for mergers and acquisitions deals and optimally structured such deals.
His contact details are as follows:
·Mobile: +27 72 296 1281
·Office: 011 042 9768
·Fax: 0866 544 889
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Click for enlarged picture